AVID provides pre-sales and post-sales support to customers worldwide. Our dedicated support staff provides service and repairs for the range of readers we manufacture. AVID will make every attempt to repair and return your equipment as quickly as possible.
For an additional charge AVID can provide custom modifications to our range of PowerTracker readers. Modifications made by AVID are performed by request and will not alter the original warranty. Some examples of custom modifications are:
- Water-Resistance for field use.
- Backlight functionality on the reader display.
AVID readers are warranted against defects in material and workmanship, under normal use and service, for a period of 1 year from the date of shipment. If your product needs repair contact AVID (1-800-336-2843 ex. 3) Monday - Friday 6am - 5pm PST for a Repair Authorization Number. A Repair Authorization (RA) Number must be issued before a unit can be returned to AVID for service.
Please follow these guidelines when sending a reader to AVID for repair:
- Download any stored microchip codes unless the problem prevents downloading.
- Carefully package the reader in a box to prevent damage during transit.
- Clearly write the RMA number on the box or mailing label.
- Include the reader battery and battery charger with the reader.
- Write a small note describing the problem and place it inside the box.
- AVID readers are warranted against defects in material and workmanship, under normal use and service, for a period of 1 year from the date of shipment.
- This warranty will not apply if repairs, parts or adjustments are required due to accident, neglect, damage during transportation, or causes other than ordinary use.
- AVID’s sole responsibility under this warranty shall be, at AVID's option, to either repair or replace any product, which fails during the warranty period.
- In no event shall AVID be liable for any indirect or consequential damages or loss of profits.