- What is the PETtrac™ Pet Recovery Network?
- Owned and operated by Avid Identification Systems Inc., the PETtrac™ Pet Recovery Network is a stand alone system and the world's largest and longest operating microchip-based pet recovery service. PETtrac™ has been in operation for over 35 years and has saved over a million lost and displaced pets. PETtrac™ utilizes RFID microchip technology to help identify and reunite lost pets with their family. Virtually every shelter and veterinarian in the U.S is equipped with a microchip scanner and most will microchip your pet for a minimal fee. PETtrac™ operates a 24/7/365 pet recovery hotline that is staffed with dedicated pet recovery specialists.
- How does PETtrac™ work?
- Like a vaccination, a veterinarian injects the microchip under your pet's skin. You enroll the microchip number in the PETtrac™ database by visiting our online enrollment or by mail or fax. Once enrolled in PETtrac™, your pet's microchip number is linked to your primary and alternate contact information as you provided during the enrollment process and accessible by our pet recovery specialists to assist with notifying you when your pet is reported found. When a veterinarian, shelter or rescue group come accross with and scans your lost pet they call the PETtrac™ Pet Recovery Network. A pet recovery specialist will look up the information on file and the pet returns home.
NOTE: Enrollment in PETtrac™ does not certify or imply legal ownership. The microchip helps with identification, while enrollment increases the chances of a pet being reunited with its family.
- What does PETtrac™ enrollment include?
- Each PETtrac™ enrollment includes lifetime registration and recovery support. PETtrac™ customers also receive Standard membership to the PETtrac™ Pets Network (pets.avidid.com).
- What does it cost to be a member of the PETtrac™ Pet Recovery Network?
- You pay a one-time fee of $25.95 to enroll one pet. There is no annual fee.
- How do I enroll my pet in the PETtrac™ Pet Recovery Network?
- Enroll online with the Enrollment Page or complete a printable PDF enrollment form and send it to us.
- How do I update my information in the PETtrac™ Pet Recovery Network?
- You may update your information at https://pets.avidid.com at no charge. You may also call PETtrac at 1-800-336-2843 option 5 and a pet recovery specialist will assist you over the telephone. Note that PETtrac™ staff assisted address change has a $6.00 processing fee via phone.
- How do I check my pets enrollment status?
- Create an account in the PETtrac™ Pets Network (pets.avidid.com) to view your current account information or call PETtrac™ toll free at +1-800-336-2843 and a pet recovery specialists will assist you. The PETtrac™ Recovery center is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year; our team of pet recovery specialists are always available to answer any questions or concerns you have about your pet's enrollment.
- How do I transfer account holder of a previously registered pet?
- To help expedite a registration transfer of a previously enrolled pet you may provide one of the following documents if available:
- A pet relinquishment letter (handwritten or typed) with the previous account holder signature.
- A copy of the adoption contract/agreement in your name.
- Verbal consent from the previous account holder.
- The previous account holder's death certificate.
A registration fee of $25.95 will be charged to enroll. Transfer requests of previously enrolled pets can take up to 60 days to process. Please include the pet's microchip number on all correspondence. Please submit documents by email, fax or mail to:Email: email@example.comFax: +1-951-737-8967Mail: 3185 Hamner Ave., Norco, California 92860
- If my pet is found by a good samaritan how will they know to contact PETtrac™?
- If your pet has an AVID collar tag they can call PETtrac's toll-free pet recovery hotline at 1-800-336-2843. If your pets collar tag is missing or damaged the finder should contact a local veterinarian or shelter to get the pet scanned for a microchip.
- What happens if my pet is taken to a veterinarian or shelter?
- Pets that are brought to a veterinarian, shelter or humane society are routinely scanned for a microchip. All AVID Code FriendChips are identifiable by their unique 9 digit number so staff will know to contact PETtrac™. ISO (15 digit) microchips issued by AVID are identifiable by a prefix of 977.
- What should I do if I find a lost pet?
- Call the phone number on the pets collar ID tag or take the pet to a veterinarian or shelter to be scanned for a microchip. If you take the pet home while you attempt to find the owner be sure to separate the pet from family members and other pets in the home.
- What happens if my pet is found while I'm away on vacation or business?
- A PETtrac™ recovery specialist will call the telephone number(s) available on your account. The finder’s information will be provided for you to make proper arrangements to get your pet home. For this reason it is important to maintain your account information up to date.