Veterinarians, shelters, and local rescues are the primary organizations that house and care for stray and displaced pets in our communities. Each year these organizations receive millions of lost or displaced pets due to mishaps or natural disasters. Fortunately, many of these organizations have already committed to scanning pets upon admission and prior to disposition and have successfully reunited millions of lost or displaced pets. When your organization commits to scanning pets upon admission and prior to disposition you not only increase the chances of a successful reunion but also provide a public service for your community.
Scanning and detecting an implanted microchip is critical to the overall effectiveness of a pet recovery system. When a scanner fails to detect the presence of a microchip the pet could be adopted by a new owner or worse. Engineered for convenience and performance, Avid® scanners are the ideal solution to detect microchips during intake, medical processing, and before disposition. When your organization commits to scanning pets during intake and prior to disposition you increase the chances of a successful reunion.
Veterinarians, shelters, and local rescues are reporting positive results from their scanning programs. Why not implement a scanning program at your facility? It could save a life.
Benefits of Scanning Pets
- Detecting a microchip is the quickest way to reunite lost pets with their owners or families.
- Scanning for the presence of a microchip can reduce a pets stay to several hours, not days, which helps your organization avoid the expense of housing, feeding and providing medical care for the pet.
- The scanning procedure can be performed during admission, wellness exams, vaccinations, and before disposition.
- Scanning for the presence of a microchip allows you to contact the owner or alternate, helping your organization do everything possible to return lost or displaced pets to their owners.
What Scanner Solution is Right for My Facility?
Choosing the correct microchip scanner is important to your facilities scanning program. Avid offers a range of microchip scanners for every application and environment. Avid scanners combine portability, versatility and optimum performance in a rugged, lightweight functional design. From the portable MiniTracker series to the rugged PowerTracker models our scanners are the ideal solution to scanning the pets in your care.
- Universal Scanners - A universal scanner is the ideal solution when your facility intakes hundreds of lost or displaced pets from surrounding communities. These scanners can read and display microchip identification numbers from multiple manufactures. Avid offers it's universal scanner in two different form factors, the MiniTracker 3 and the Power Tracker 6.
- Avid MiniTrackers - The Minitracker series of scanners are ideal when convenience matters. Small enough to carry in your pocket these lightweight scanners are perfect for everyday use by veterinarians and other animal care professionals. Engineered for convenience and performance, the Minitracker series provides the user with the ideal solution when portability and cost are important.
- Avid PowerTrackers - The PowerTracker series of scanners are suitable for more heavy duty and industrial applications. Their portable, water-resistant design make them ideal for field or outside use. The PowerTracker series of scanners are used by many port authorities around the world.
- Avid Wand Readers - The Avid Wand Reader offers all the advantages of the Avid MiniTracker series plus an additional 4" coil on a waterproof, flexible extension arm. The Avid Wand Reader is great for scanning animals from a distance and those that need to be scanned through a cage.
Why Use Avid Scanners at My Facility?
- Avid is the only company in the world that develops, manufactures, and distributes its own patented microchips and scanners.
- Large scanner network with over 100,000 scanners in circulation across the United States.
- Avid scanners are practical for use in both field and clinic environments and provide the user with the ideal solution when portability and cost are important.
- Shelters that commit to correctly scan all animals upon admission and prior to disposition can receive a free Avid Reader.
|MiniTracker 1||125KHz||AVID, FECAVA|
|MiniTracker 3||125KHz||AVID, FECAVA, ISO FDX-B|
|MiniTracker 3 Wand Reader||125KHz||AVID, FECAVA, ISO FDX-B, TROVAN|
|PowerTracker 4||128KHz||AVID, FECAVA, TROVAN|
|PowerTracker 5||128KHz||AVID, FECAVA, ISO FDX-B|
|PowerTracker 6||128KHz||AVID, FECAVA, ISO FDX-B, TROVAN|
|PowerTracker 7||134.2KHz||HDX, ISO FDX-B|
|PowerTracker 8||128KHz||AVID, FECAVA, ISO FDX-B|
|MiniTracker 3 Wand Reader||4||4||5|